mIRC Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

A little frustrating.. (where'd my mIRC go?!)

I've been using CrossOver for mIRC, etc. for quite a while now with few issues. However, recently when opening the application, I'll get the "Please register mirc, blah blah" and the subsequent options dialogue, but no mIRC afterward. It acts like the application might not even be running after you initially start it up. No window for it at all, if that makes sense. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a fix or do I just deal with it? It's been irking me for a while now.

Regards,

-Angel

mIRC is shareware, so after a trial period it expires and stops working.
Probably this is your case: it is not a bug :)

Regards,
M

Have you used mIRC before? It requests registration (20 dollar fee), but does not require it. I've used it for 8 years without paying for it. All it does is make you wait longer and longer before being able to use the app. A timer of sorts. This is not the issue, I assure you.

-A

Yes but some changes were made after version 6.3x if I recall right.
It now REQUIRES registration and also does an on-line check for the registration code.

M

Look. I had a problem with mIRC freezing when I tried to edit the remotes, so I did a fresh install (a new bottle as well) - it now says I have 30 days remaining on my trial (as it does every time you delete/reinstall mIRC, even on a Windows machine), but still will not open the application. I could screenshot, but that would be a waste of my time, as you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks for nothing!

This is another issue.
Thanks for your kindness [/sarcasm].
Next time you ask for support, try to tell the full story instead of pretend the others will give you a silver bullet.

M

Hello again,

First off, I'm the guy who originally posted this topic, I just couldn't remember for the life of me which of my emails I used - figured this would be simpler.

I'd like to apologize for my actions, I was frustrated at myself that day for not being able to get stuff to work right - I had no right to take it out on CodeWeavers, staff or non-staff, doesn't matter. I appreciate the work you guys do more than lots of other groups, and I feel terrible now that I remembered my actions on this forum (not like I ever really forgot, mind you). I know this doesn't clear me of what was said, but I felt the absolute need to apologize to a team that does such good work for everyone trying to use computers of all types more efficiently. Please accept my apologies, with my most sincere gratitude for the work you do. Keep it up, guys.

-A

Edit: To say a little more, yes, I was quite misinformed in what I was trying to do at the time. These problems have been solved now, at expense of my own stupidity being thrown aside for once. I had no right to do what I did, and I feel like you guys need to know that. It was my wrong, completely.

Although I wasn't involved with the thread, let me congratulate you on actually coming back to apologise when it would have been just as easy to walk away. We all have bad days like that, especially when your computer decides to JUST...NOT...WORK at a crucial moment.

It makes a nice change to see someone calm down and be big enough to admit they were at fault, rather than posting as though being a customer entitles them to all the support they require, including coming to their house to plug their mouse and keyboard in! =)

Glad you got your problem solved and your software working in the end, mate.

Thank you very much, good sir. It means quite a bit that I can be forgiven (by anyone) for the things I said that day. It was completely out of line and rude, not to mention dramatic of me. Also, for me it wasn't quite so easy to walk away after a day or so. I like to think I have respect for everyone, especially when you're talking about a group like CodeWeavers, and it was eating away at me little by little. Hah, perhaps I'm being too dramatic now, but whatever. What's in the past is in the past, I can only hope.

Again, my apologies to CodeWeavers - you guys do a wonderful job and I'd hate to see you ever stop supporting the people who really need their computers to run as they'd like them to. My hat is off to you, good sirs; and again, keep it up.

-A

Thanks for coming back in this way,
it is a really appreciated and mature behaviour.

Wish you all the best,
M

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVJrUVY1TVo4aGVjVkhyRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9