Microsoft Excel 2002 (XP) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

4.1 Status

The install went smooth as always. All of my scripts are still working. Everything seems to work as good as the preveous release.

I have these few observations though:

1. Opening another instance of Excel prompts a "PERSONAL.XLS is locked for editing" pop-up. You need to select either read only, notify or cancel to get over this prompt. I usually choose read only. If you need to open up multiple instances of Excel, this can be a bit annoying.

2. Opening a new spreadsheet for editing, with one already open, will not spawn a new window/instance of excel, but will open it in an Excel sub-window. So using alt-tab to switch between them is impossible. You need to fire up another instance of Excel and then open that particular spreadsheet on that new one, which you will be prompted with #1.

Aside from these two minor things, I think this version is as stable as the older ones.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieGZZdUF2dXZhOUhIbjlXdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9