Medieval: Total War Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

On Ubuntu 14.04 it does install.

I've just installed Medieval: Total War, Gold Edition on Ubuntu LInux 14.04 [64 bit].

The installation went well. I started playing it and did the intro tutorial. Sound and music is good. Picture is good. I would take some screenshots but I am not sure how to put this game into a windowed mode. I'll need to check the game before I can give a rating. It's at least 2 stars so far.

I have the actual disc that I bought once. So this is 100% legal on my part.

OK. For now I give it 3 stars. Because the intro battle movie works sometimes. But sometimes it's a black screen with only the battle sound and the narrator. But the tutorial is working well so far. I haven't tried the actual battles yet.

I installed in Crossover using the medieval total war 2 entry, even though this is medieval total war gold edition. I don't think that matters.

Next thing is to work out how to get a screenshot. I see no obvious way of getting into a windowed mode.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0NIZW1yU3k4THFiRnRucCIsImdkcHIiOjB9