Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

It is working almost perfectly!

OK so it work working perfectly for me...well almost. It installed, although i installed it into my Lord of the Rings Online Bottle, it starts shows all cinematics, the only a few things that are not perfect and I have not taken the time to mess with it yet, are

1. It seems like the mouse is off a bit, I have to click a little below of what i really want to click on.

2. As someone else has stated, it only gives you two options for screen resolution. Neither of which are ones that will fill up all my screen.

3. I can no scroll down on the map using my mouse, i have to use the arrow keys.

4. (The solution to this has already been posted) Can't type into the Skirmish text box.

Other than that it seems to be working great.
All of these three things are bearable and do not hinder (too much anyway) the gameplay.

As far as it taking a long time on the first run, I did not see this at all, it was actually really fast.

(For those who cannot get it to work, try installing all the extra software that is required for Lord of the rings online, you don't even have to install LOTRO, just the extra stuff to get it to work. I have found that sometimes installing games in pre existing bottles can help to get them to run. Try it and post what happens)

Oh BTW I am on Mac OSX 10.7.2 And CrossOver 10.1.2

So I hope this helps and I hope someone has some solutions for these few small things.

Thanks,
Todd

Hi there,

I'll do my best to help now, and have a look in a little while

FIrstly, for 1, does this happen all the time? If not, maybe it was just an error of some sort... I'm not sure what to do here, I'll take a look at it soon

2- try editing the file in C:\user\crossover\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth II Files\Options.ini with TextEdit, and change the resolution manually. (I haven't tried this myself as I am now okay with the resolution, but I think it should work...)

*EDIT: according to here- http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/lord-rings-battle-middle-earth -the only way to change the resolution is editing the ini file. Also, all the 2D graphics (the hero icons/map on the bottom of the page) will be stretched somewhat (see the link above for more info)

3-This could be because your mouse cursor keeps leaving the game window and so doesn't register in the game? This happened to me a few times, and you can scroll up and down the map with the mouse, but its difficult since it keeps leaving the game screen. I think if you get the game to work in the right resolution in full screen then this problem might well go away.

4-Glad it worked for you!

I'll get back to you on these, I'll check them out myself soonish.

Hope I helped!
Alex

1. I don't have this in mine, anyone else had it?
  2. I can move the screen with the mouse, but (since I play in windowed mode) the cursor comes just outside of the window before the screen moves. For me, using the arrow keys is easiest.

Alex

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE5MzQ0MDgzLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV1Q2Rlg5dVRlcDN2c0puVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9