Locomotion Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[COG 8.0.0] Mouse cursor behaviour causes scroll problem

COG 8.0.0 linux
Ubuntu Studio 8.04 64-bit and Zenwalk 6.0 32-bit

I think it makes more sense to say what's my guess about the cause first: the cursor movement from the game affects the cursor movement from the desktop (even if Locomotion runs full-screen). This causes problems when scrolling the map by using right-click and mouse-dragging.

Issues:
1) when the cursor reaches one boundary of the window, you cannot scroll the map in that direction any more. While this makes sense considering the mouse coordinates, it doesn't make sense for the game behaviour (you need to be able to scroll infinitely)
2) this only applies when the game is running in a window: when scrolling with right-click, after the cursor steps out of the window, the scroll in-game goes totally crazy (amplified by a huge count)

I forgot to mention that when you hold right-click for scrolling the map, the cursor is hidden, so it definitely shouldn't change position.

From a user's point of view, I believe a fix would involve stopping the desktop cursor being affected as long as in-game right-click is pressed for scrolling the map (as is on Windows).

Should I post this in the ticketing system? (I'm new here, don't know the rules)

Hmmmm....if I'm right, what you're seeing is the now infamous around here
'mouse warping' thing -- which, if I understand it correctly, has a lot
more to do with the X input layer than it does with crossover perse. I was
told by a reliable source, that the 'fix' for this will be appearing in
a future X release, which will then flow on into crossover, and then
hopefully this will all be fixed and go away. (I certainly hope so, I have
a number of games similarly disposed to mouse warping illness).

You may lodge a ticket on it if you wish, even though it may be a known
issue...ie; the more people the devs know are suffering from this problem,
the greater the impetus to have it resolved.

I just logged 2 tickes, one for each of the points I mentioned here (mouse limited to window edges; coordinates crazy in window mode after cursor steps out). Let's see what happens.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicE5FbkMzcEFYM2E0aExzSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9