iTunes 12 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Successful, functional installation of iTunes 12.6.5.3

My goal was to be able to use the last version of iTunes that can purchase, update etc. apps from the App Store. iTunes 12.6.5.3 for Mac is no longer able to download from the App Store.

I was able to get iTunes 12.6.5.3 to run quite nicely in Crossover 22 using the following recipe:

Create a new 32-bit Windows 7 bottle.

Use Crossover's install function to search for and install Platform SDK Redistributable: GDI+

Install the 32-bit version of iTunes for Windows 12.6.5.3. Install as an "Unknown Application" - not using the Crossover search method. It's available directly from Apple HERE

If your iTunes Library isn't in your Home/Music folder, create an alias there to where it actually is. I don't know of a way to get the Crossover iTunes to look elsewhere. Yes, you can change paths for Music in Wine Configuration.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaEhWVlJmRWhZOFg0ZmcyRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9