Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game Mouse Restrictions

The Game does load and Start up using Steam. However, when it runs, the Mouse Movement is restricted to a narrow cone on the screen. Any further input?

Kaos Nova wrote:

The Game does load and Start up using Steam. However, when it runs, the Mouse Movement is restricted to a narrow cone on the screen. Any further input?

I do not have that issue. Game runs well on M1 mini (except crashes on a few levels) but my 14" M1 Pro runs well on all levels.

I run with DVXK and MSync On. I think it runs about the same with ESync or no sync.

D3DMetal has hanging issues for me.

In game I am running the following
All graphics quality: Performance
Window Mode: Borderless (or full screen)
V-Sync: Off
FrameRate Limit: 60fps
4k 60Hz LG monitor running at 1080.

Hope something above helps you.

Cheers

I will try that thanks for sharing your preferences settings.

MrMacMojo wrote:

Kaos Nova wrote:

I do not have that issue. Game runs well on M1 mini (except crashes on a few levels) but my 14" M1 Pro runs well on all levels.

I run with DVXK and MSync On. I think it runs about the same with ESync or no sync.

D3DMetal has hanging issues for me.

In game I am running the following
All graphics quality: Performance
Window Mode: Borderless (or full screen)
V-Sync: Off
FrameRate Limit: 60fps
4k 60Hz LG monitor running at 1080.

Hope something above helps you.

Cheers

This helps a lot. I will take a screenshot of my setup for Steam and for reference that others can use. I tend to turn DXVK off because it's a mixed bag on Steam Apps.

So, here is a screenshot of the configuration which should work best for the Steam Version of the Master Chief Collection

It's in The Radio Kaos Blog

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOWM4OTI3VlZXWXpzS3NxViIsImdkcHIiOjB9