GOG Galaxy Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

question regarding Tips and tricks section

Download GOG Galaxy from the GOG website. Install it with Crossover. (Make sure Crossover installs the necessary dependencies for GOG Galaxy).

What means :: 'necessart dependencies'?

Hi

Crossover uses things called crossties. These script download everything you need to run the app, it manages to download the dependencies of the app plus the app installer itself.
So long story short check this link https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/gog-galaxy and click on the button install now. A script will be downloaded once the download is over run the script and crossover will show up just click continue and proceed.

I have an easier time installing this through Wine directly. Not sure why it is having issues in Crossover. I did get errors about not being able to install Internet Explorer 7, which I suspect has a part to play in this. I don't get those errors with plain Wine.

About the crosstie, it does not work anymore since the download link is broken. It was on a file sharing platform.
Anyway I would recommend only download from the editor of files hosted by Codeweavers to avoid any security issue.
Actual download link is now https://webinstallers.gog-statics.com/download/GOG_Galaxy_2.0.exe

But even if after manually downloading the installer or fixing the download url in the crosstie the install fails.

Crossover 20.0.4 - Gog Galaxy 2.0 on 2020-02-11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNGtxNlpCQW5lcnN3cW1CQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9