GameTap Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GameTap

I was able to get GameTap to install but was stopped upon launch when it said I didn't have a high end video card. Other than that I was able to install the Media Player and DirectX it requested. I will do some more troubleshooting to see if I can get DirectX to play nice.

Brian

I managed to install it along with Media Player 9. Tells me I don't have a sound card.

Scott

Scott Duensing wrote:

I managed to install it along with Media Player 9. Tells me I don't
have a sound card.

Scott

I'm running into the same issue.

I'm assuming this was from the old version of Gametap before it became a "web plugin". I'm testing out various settings to see how it works. I'm testing it with Firefox right now. The Firefox plugin for Gametap installs as well as Adobe Flash. So far, I haven't been able to actually get it to launch a game. I've tried a WinXP bottle and both CXOffice and CXGames with no luck. I'm going to try a Win98 bottle and perhaps experiment with the IE plugin to see if that has better luck.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNzl1RTlzZkY0VkV4Q2RnUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9