FORScan Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

FORscan for Windows Works

I am using the Crossover software with a bottle using Windows 10 OS. To get FORscan to work in that bottle, you run the setup on an actual Windows licensed computer, copy the whole folder after it installs (that has the data and .exe), and put it in the bottle that you set up for Win10. Once that's in the bottle, go to the right of that bottle and click the Down Arrow under the word Controls, click the Wine Configuration tab, and when the Wine setting open up just click Graphics tab check the box to Emulate a virtual desktop, Then click Apply and close the Wine Config box. Then click the .exe in the bottle and click Run Command in the top right of crossover. Then it should open up a virtual desktop with the FORscan application running in the emulated desktop. This took me a long time to figure out since there is not support on this what so ever.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRVdYcGNXbnJHQ2I4djRBaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9