Fallout Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout on CXG 9 not working...

As anyone tried out Fallout on Crossover Games 9?

It seems that no longer pass the "Standy by" screen, It crash to desktop.

It was Gold with CXG 8

Can anyone check it out?

Hi,

Next on my list then....gog.com version...will let you know..

Cheers!

update: no apparent issue here with the gog.com version ; still working
at gold medal status, no apparent change in behavior.

I tried Fallout (GOG.com version) on CXG9/Mac a couple of minutes ago, and I can happily confirm that it works flawlessly in fullscreen mode. I loaded a few savegames and messed around a bit in the game, everything seemed to work perfectly, just as in CXG8.

Hi Janos,

...yeah, noted....I'll delete you post ; I've let the Miraculous Ninjas
know the site's gone all laggy again...

Cheers!

But I am using the retail version and not gog.com

Strange that is no longer working.... 😭

I am gonna try change some cgf settings

X_Splinter wrote:

It wont work, trust me.
I know this issue. It doenst work for me either. As wel gog.com version as the cd version. It has something to do with the graphical card. You probably have just as i have an NVIDIA 9400M or such. And Janos Novak has probably an ATI or an Intel graphical card, which doesnt has the problem. So somehow Crossover 9 and also 8.1.4 and maybe some more (subversions)has this issue.

X_Splinter wrote:

Ken wrote;

"[i]This is mostly a stab in the dark, but something you might try: create the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/grid.exe/Direct3D registry key (and all of its ancestors, as necessary), create a new string value called DisabledExtensions and set its value to GL_APPLE_client_storage.

A bug having to do with that extension has been implicated in some cases where games work on Linux but not Mac.[/i]"

It'd be worth seeing if that has any affect.

Cheers!

Actually, at this point you should test with the public beta of Games 9.1, available from the unsupported downloads tab of My Downloads. The above registry setting was a workaround for a bug. The actual bug has been fixed properly in 9.1.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlhScG14VlRudUdVSEFhTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9