Exact Audio Copy Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

EAC 1.1 Runs Well -- Here' s How I Did It

Installing Exact Audio Copy is simple. The trick is to install a Microsoft .NET framework first, then install EAC. I've done this on a few versions of openSUSE and Linux Mint, Crossover Office, and EAC. The current versions I am running are openSUSE 13.2, Leap 42.1, and Tumbleweed; and Linux Mint Rosa 17.3. All are 64 bit OSes. Crossover Office is v15.0.0. EAC is v1.1.

Here is how my latest installations were done. Under Crossover Office, I first installed the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (I believe any version from 2.0 on will work) into a Windows 7 bottle which I named Exact_Audio_Copy. I ignored the warning that appears when it reaches the step where it installs the .NET framework 4.5.1. Once this whole installation completed, I installed EAC v1.1, selecting Exact Audio Copy as the application to install and ignoring the "will not install" warning, into the same bottle, again ignoring the "incompatible bottle" warning. I let his complete, deselecting the "run Exact Audio Copy 1.1" checkbox. (I believe that it is better to let the CrossOver Software Installer complete to the very end before first running an application.) When I first started EAC, its configuration wizard ran correctly, detecting and configuring my optical drive (an ASUS BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray drive). During the step where AccurateRip was configured, I got a warning that no audio tracks were detected on the CD. This probably was due to contention for the disc between EAC and openSUSE. I chose continue, and the configuration ran. I do not run EAC a lot, but I have had very, very few problems running it.

Indeed, seems to run well but installing .NET 2.0 is enough.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibnFIN2dBRndXdXVaQXZweSIsImdkcHIiOjB9