e-tax 2012 (Australia) Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Etax 2012 not installing

I bought Crossover specifically to do my tax as it was listed s working in the compatibility centre, during installation, some fonts IE7, xml parser and etax itself fail to install and as a result is pretty useless, if anyone has any ideas i'd love to hear them

I have a similar problem. During installation, using the Crosstie, I get the following message:

The ‘Installing E-Tax 2012’ task failed.
'/Users/hannes/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/installers/27a9fdbf0f653a58c3c6a7522710105a.pathway.aspx.html' is of an unknown installer type for E-Tax 2012
Continuing with the install may produce unpredictable results.

Has anybody actually got this to work?

YES:- it does 'work' - BUT:- it's not a Gold program . . . . .

• it's barely a 'silver'.
  • you Must correctly simulate a working Windows Environment.
  • especially have ie7 & those TTFs installed A.ok 😒
    ( try using the ie7 tie)

try - the above 1st & the directly D/L the 2012.msi from the ATO site itself.

• run the 2012.msi file using the above M$ bottle.
  • It Should install & be quite usable . . .
  • you may OR may_not be able to "update online" or "lodge online".

the suggested method,- is to 'fill it all out' & then print/mail the thing into the ATO.
    ( give the online a go - it may work for you)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVo5YW5YdkY4aDlNUU5nYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9