DVDFab Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DVDFAB Beta 8.0.5.3 works fairly well

DVDFAB Beta 8.0.5.3 "Copy" ie: full dvd copy seems to work OK and you can write an .iso file. DvdRip "VOB Passthrough" works pretty good as well in an standard XP bottle, I have been using the latest betas. You can not register DVDFAB , registration will not work. The custom settings configuration page is a little tedious, you must click on the left with your mouse and use the arrow key to move down the custom settings list one entry at a time, click down arrow, click down arrow etc..

I recommend a new bottle each time you try a new beta, as there is less chance of contamination. I use the regular Crossover application installation process , select unsupported application and select a new XP bottle, it only takes a couple minutes and new betas come out once or more a month. If you do get a beta that does not work, just delete the bottle and go back to a version that does work.

I am using Crossover office 9.0.0, on Kubuntu 10.10

on edit: I usually mount the dvd in kubuntu using the "open with file manager" and then close the window, by this time DVDFAB is usually scanning the dvd. When DVDFAB is finished and I select finish I eject the dvd and insert another, as soon as I click on "open with file manager" DVDFAB will see it and start scanning it.

If they ever get it fixed so I can register DVDFAB in linux , I probably will as it is a good program.

DVDFAB beta information:

http://forum.dvdfab.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

I updated a couple times and the basic dvd copy as well as vob copy continues to work as it did previously. I am currently using 8.0.7.2 ( 21/01/2011)

As I posted previously I uses CXOffice and create a new bottle each time so if something gets messed up I delete the entire bottle and start over - takes a couple minutes. I either use the DVD Copy and copy the entire dvd or the vob pass through option under DVD RIP .menu.

However, not everything with DVDFAB works !! - it crashed when I tried to rip to a .mkv file and it also crashed when I tried to use preview. I use Handbrake 0.9.5 for my transcoding and have been successful making files that work with our Roku player usb port , as well as out Asus O'Play and even the HD tivo using pyTivo ( streambaby as well) to transcode and copy them back to .mpg files for the HD Tivo .

On edit: I am looking forward to the day when linux users can register this product it is well worth the registration fee. Unfortunately you still can not register this program in wine.

Hello

I wonder whether you can help with the installation of dvdfab. I am running Crossover on Mac.

I have downloaded the latest version of dvdfab and installed it under bottle winxp (I did not see your post before - but I think that it would not help since I cannot understand bottle business after years using crossover on linux).

dvdfab was installed ok and I managed to register it too. The problem I am having is that there is no cdrom available.
Could you help me with that?

Many thanks

Ed

I am having the same problem (no DVD drive for the application). I have it configured under winecfg and the DVD is mounted and ready, but the app says I have no drive.

Micah

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiekJmYTZUZzN0S3Z2SlVuayIsImdkcHIiOjB9