DVDFab Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 will not scan dvd

The latest version of DVDFab does not either recognize my dvd drive or think the files are from a dvd. The program loads fine, but when you point to my DVD drive via the app's folder browser to load a dvd, the loading screen flashes, but nothing is loaded. I've tried this on multiple dvds that I know work on the app when running windows. I'm running Snow Leopard and CrossOver 8. My winecfg settings are set for my dvd drive to CD-ROM based on the Tips & Tricks.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I am on Linux, unfortunately for you since I don't have a clear cut answer for you :) However, migth reinstalling the application (delete the bottle and create a new Windows XP bottle), install IE7 and then install the latest (6.2.1.8) DVDFab version be the sollution? Maybe just try it out and see what happens. I have DVDFab running under 8.0.0 without any problems and without running winecfg.

Same problem here with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 + Crossover 8.0.3 + DVDFab 6.2.1.8.
DVDFab installs well, but it can`t scan the DVD - I tried to change several settings
in DVDFab and in Crossover - but no success! ☹️

I tried 6.2.1.8 and could not get it to scan or read a DVD either.

It would open up fine, but I could not do anything with any DVD.

I am using 10.6.3 by the way and have Excel and Word 2007 working successfully. with Crossover 9.0.1.

Latest version of DVD Fab - installed IE7 (on both crossover games 9 for mac and crossover pro 8 for mac). Installed DVD Fab.
Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a mini.

Program will run, but will not scan dvd. Managed (after restart) to get the dvd volume mapped to cdrom and not auto (in CX Games), no effect.

I understand that this is not officially supported, but now that Steam is mac native (and pulling the games over a bit at a time) I don't really have any other need for "windows".

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUDNNNlJmdGRWbk02TE1rRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9