Dink Smallwood Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Dink under mac OS X

Dink Smallwood works almost perfectly once you set it to true color mode

Thats good to hear. Dink has been one of the most enjoyable games that I've played so far. One of my favorites ever since I came across it in 1999. After switching to OSX a year before, I was looking for a way to play this game. Nice to see Cross over platform allowing a way to run Windows games.

Thanks to Crossover and the Steve (for choosing to go with Intel).

I am going to try the Cross Over games version 7.0.

Downloaded Crossover and completed installation. It asked me the Mac OSX cd so that I can add Quartz-wm. I chose to run it with out Quartz-wm.

Then I downloaded Dink.exe from RTSoft.

Went to Install software option and installed 'Dink Smallwood' as though in a windows machine.

Then I launched the app and chose 'True color' mode. It went into a blank screen with a pointer. I was not able to close it. I came over it using the key sequence for 'Forced quit'. Next time I tried selection 'Windowed' option (so that I'll close the window if any untoward happens). However, the windows that open up seem to crash immediately.

Not able to run. Let me go and fetch the Mac OSX CD and try to run with that quartz thingy.

Till that time, does anyone faced this error before?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMnFUaHNYWVJXcjZrS2RHTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9