DAZ|Studio Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

DAZStudio_3.x

DAZStudio_3.0.1.144_Win32.exe

Unable to install in Fedora 12 64bit. Errors about not being able to find temp

Frank Murphy wrote:

DAZStudio_3.0.1.144_Win32.exe

Unable to install in Fedora 12 64bit. Errors about not being able
to find temp

Hi,

Not only limited to Fedora 12 64bit - am able to recreate the error on a Debian 5.0.4
(64bit with all ia32 packages) and my own linux build (x86_64 multilib) - exact error
message I get reads ;

"Error creating directory Z:/mnt/3unknown variable system_temp_directory"

A bit strange...the location /mnt/3 is where I have the actual installer .exe ....

I'll see if I can unravel where the wheels are falling off...but it looks like
"system_temp_directory" must be a variable derived from registry somewhere (we'd
presume this would default to 'C:/windows/temp' )...but apparently, not there.

Cheers!

Edit: Installer actually requires microsoft visual C++ 6.0 runtime, but this does
-not- get the installer around the stated error - it's just a dependency I notice
it required. Does not install using wine-1.0.1/1.1.32/1.1.34 nor CO-8 .. bit of
a mystery -- wine-1.1.34 only surrended a single error (after installing vcrun6
with winetricks)...;

fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x20030, 0x10f26f70): stub

It would appear version 3.0 of DAZ is currently broken in wine ;-/

As always, if you want any official support on this title, please use the
ticket system;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/enter/

Got it to install!
Installed it on a visual C++ 6.0 runtime bottle. First time I ran it, I ran into an error. I added core fonts and it started up. Haven't played with it yet but it runs.
Note that the app installs a vc++ 2008 runtime too.
Screenshot submitted.
Daz Studio version 3.1.1.73

On 9.2 you don't even need the vc++ library, just the core fonts as the program installs it's own vc++2008 library.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRldxRXNCZ0E1cDdBYVBMRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9