Dangerous Waters Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

program hanging.....

Hello, Team.

Please can you help. Have done a search but to no avail.

Dangerous Waters hangs on the game 'loading' stage (i.e after the mission selection stage before the game starts)

(a) how do I shut down the game emulation window without having to reset my mac

(b) any tips for sorting this out (am trying to follow the tips but am out of my depth technically)

(c) assuming I get this sorted, how do I change the aspect ratio of the game? The emulation window leaves an inch each side of the screen blank. Have tried changing the graphic settings (1024x 800, 800x 600 etc)

Macbook pro (bought in 2009 with the larger memory and fastest processor it ships with)
Snow leopard OSX

thanks

Ed.

If CrossOver gets stuck in full-screen mode (because a game crashed or froze up), you can force it out by typing Command-Option-R. That's the keyboard shortcut for the Restore Display item of the Window menu.

That will give you back access to the menu and other windows. You can go to the Manage Bottles window and use the Quit Bottle / Force Quit Bottle buttons to kill everything running in the bottle. Another option is to launch the Task Manager control panel and terminate the specific process that's stuck.

I don't have any specific advice about getting the game to work better, just because I'm not familiar with it.

You can avoid the full-screen issue by configuring the bottle to run things in a virtual desktop window. In the Manage Bottles window, on the Control Panel tab, launch the Wine Configuration (winecfg) utility. In winecfg, on the Graphics tab, there's a checkbox to emulate a virtual desktop.

As far as the aspect ratio in full-screen mode, that would be controlled by in-game video settings. Not all games support widescreen aspect ratios.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZWMySzZ1ZTNwdEJMOHVRNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9