Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Command and Conquer 3 Demo

Command and Conquer 3 Demo is available at File Front

Have you gotten the demo to work with crossover? It installs fine, but I can't seem to get it to run.

try using steps 4-7 in my post for the full version, should be what you need to get the demo to work. It doesn't run because of the missing dlls.

I believe I followed the steps correctly for the 2 dll files, as well as the .CRT file.
I now get the following error when starting the demo::
--
CrossOver was unable to open Play command & conquer 3 Tiberium wars demo.

Possible reasons for this error are:

• The Application associated with this document has been deleted.
  • The application associated with this document is not in the default bottle.
    --

I'd appreciate any help...

Hmm. The shortcut (.lnk) file may have become corrupted. Or, the bottle may have become corrupted somehow. Did you rename it, maybe? (That should work, but we've had bugs.)

Can you launch the program directly (bypassing the shortcut) using the Run Command dialog?

Ok, launching the game directly pops up the title/splash screen for about 1-2 seconds then it closes.

I think I have the dlls in the right places... any thoughts?

"Ok, launching the game directly pops up the title/splash screen for about 1-2 seconds then it closes."

I was having the same problem, and it turned out that I mis-understood one of his points:

"4*. Download and extract (http://www.sweetpotatosoftware.com/files/microsoft.vc80.crt.zip) into the game's directory. The file needs to be renamed to removed the added extensions except .zip in order to extract properly."

What he means by that is this:

1. Download the file.
  2. Extract the file, leaving you Microsoft.vc80.crt.
  3. Rename Microsoft.vc80.crt to Microsoft.zip. OS X will ask you if you really want to do this, say yes.
  4. Microsoft.zip becomes a folder. Move all of the contents of this folder into the system32 folder like the other dlls.

Doing these things worked for me. I was able to play it just fine (the demo), however, I noticed the same problems as other people:
No videos
The curser didn't change (it was always an arrow, while the tutorial said that it should change shape)
Scrolling using the mouse wasn't great (bottom and right were not very responsive).

Other than that, it worked fine. I put the graphics at a minimum, and it ran fast.

However, I wouldn't run the full game like this, I would rather pay out the big bucks to get the Mac compatible version.

Matthew

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVGQ3M01yNEFwRVRUeEVhdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9