CnCNet Red Alert 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Some things to try to get the game running smoothly

Install the Microsoft XNA 4.0 Framework in the bottle (may have to temporally set the bottle to XP to install this one)

Install Microsoft .net 4.7.2 (even all the .nets install before that one that it installs)
Also using CNC-DDRaw for the Renderer

Also have to edit some .ini files in the RA2 folder (RA2.ini & RA2MD.ini) to get the game running smooth:
[Video]:
AllowHiResModes=yes
AllowVRAMSidebar=yes
StretchMovies=no
VideoBackBuffer=no

The tricks works for when you are on macOS 10.14.x

Anyone have any luck getting it to run on macOS 10.15+?

I cannot even get CnCnet to install.
"The install cannot continue because one or more profiles it depends on could not be found: com.codeweavers.c4.16543"
The continue button is greyed out, tried installing the dependency's manually.

But when i try to install "Microsoft Media Player Sound Engine 10" (windows media player 10) i get an error message saying it can only be installed on windows xp 32 bit. This error message stays the same even if i make a windows xp 32 bit bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1dHRkFIc25NRkpHNjd1aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9