ChemDraw 8.0 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

IT WORKS!!!! (at least with CXO 4.1.0)

Woo Hoo! Boy is sure does help to read the instructions sometimes ;)

Following the advice of CodeWeavers' own document:

http://www.codeweavers.com/site/support/docs/unsupported/sups

I installed IE6, the MDAC, and Windows Scripting Hosts from Microsoft before installing ChemOffice with the default settings in CXO. It hiccupped about not having some MS Office add-ins (might help if I installed MS Office), and then proceeded to install flawlessly. I chose to only install ChemDraw (I never use any of the other ChemOffice components), and now I'm sitting here staring in amazement as ChemDraw 8.0.3 runs on my linux desktop. Goodbye, Windows, been nice knowing you :).

Cool!

(Although you might want to test it pretty carefully before
you delete a Windows partition :-/)

Cheers,

Jer

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTHJyYUNNZk55Z3dacUVZcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9