Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CODMW2 under Steam on CXG 9.1 for Mac

Is anyone running this and how's it work? It looks like all the screenshots are from Linux systems and I wanted to get some feedback brfore I drop $60. :) I have Modern Warefare 1 running and it plays awesome! I have a MBP 2.4ghz duo with 2gb of RAM... Seems to run it pretty nicely. I'm hoping the performance will be similar on MW2.

I started out playing CODMW2 in Bootcamp/Win7 but got tired of switching between OS's (MW2 was the only reason I've ever bothered to load Windows on my iMac). So I went looking for a solution, none of the VM's seemed to offer any confidence of a playable experience. Found CX Games and was skeptical but fortunately it had a trial option. Loaded Steam, installed MW2 without any problems and copied my player files over from the Bootcamp partition (which has since been deleted from my system).

It has far exceeded my expectations, I can run at full res (2560x1440), max graphic settings and the game runs as well as it did under Bootcamp. The only thing about changing video settings, I've found, is to do it from the main menu not during game play. And if the change of settings doesn't return from black just abort and restart CrossOver and the game will start with the new settings.

Definitely worth the money.

Fully agreed, in my case I am running on an older Macbook (see my system specs below).

MacBook 5,1 (late 2008 aluminium unibody),
MacOSX 10.6.5,
Intel Core 2 Duo @2.4GHz, 2GB RAM @1066 MHz system bus.
Nvidia 9400M graphics
CrossOver Games 9.2.0

Since this is a slower system I usually found that running at 1024x768 gives quite decent performance. Resolution change should occur as said above, at the options screen and not during gameplay. Besides those little details, it is definitely worth the money.

Excellent work by the Wine and Codeweavers teams. :)

I'm running under CXG 10 and keep getting a Direct X error after I finish training mission loading next level... I have a unibody MBP 2.4ghz

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVnRUNzdtTTVXendWSkJURyIsImdkcHIiOjB9