Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need help getting CoD Modern Warfare 2 MP to work on Steam Version

Is there a way to get this to work on steam I can play SP fine just not MP.

Hmm, your post is a bit scarce of details. Multiplayer works fine on my system. What platform are you on and what exactly is the problem?

I have problem too.
The game does not start.
"run iw4sp.exe error"

Padre: Have you checked that you have the latest Steam client? Also, go into the properties of the game, local files and do a 'verify local game files'. The only time my game crashed was due to the game files having gotten corrupted.

I have the same problem, my multiplayer just doesnt launch. It doesnt display any error messages, it just doesnt start up

ill try what you said michel

Michel Meyers wrote:

Padre: Have you checked that you have the latest Steam client? Also,
go into the properties of the game, local files and do a 'verify
local game files'. The only time my game crashed was due to the game
files having gotten corrupted.

The problem was in drivers.
After updating the problem has disappeared.

What drivers? I'm having a similar problem. When MP starts a game (I can join a game just fine) the game starts and freezes, the screen colors are inverted, and the game crashes...

I have a proplem with steam and mw2 , when i launch the game it comes incomplete installaiton (2) and it means my mw2 files are not on the right places :( can someone help me

nonni kaldal wrote:

I have a proplem with steam and mw2 , when i launch the game it
comes incomplete installaiton (2) and it means my mw2 files are not
on the right places :( can someone help me

Make sure you run the latest version of the Steam client (check for updates). Older Steam clients will do that.

If you are running the latest version of steam, have it verify the local game files using this procedure:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Also make sure you run at CXGames v8.1.0 or higher (the game does not work in lower CXGames versions)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVk5GNW1nSHpxa2E4QkNUNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9