Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't install Modern Warfare 2 from DVD

Hi,

I have a late october macbook pro 15", running snow leopard 10.6.2 and when I try to install MW2 from disk, I get this message:

Cannot import dll: C:\windows\temp\is-I1FO6.tmp\isskin.dll

Can anybody help me?

I've forgotten to tell that my crossover version is 8.1.3

hi! i had the same problem but i solved it: extract the "mfc42.dll" from system32 folder of a winxp installation and put it in system32 of the crossover winxp folder (application support<library<home)

hexeric wrote:

hi! i had the same problem but i solved it: extract the "mfc42.dll"
from system32 folder of a winxp installation and put it in system32
of the crossover winxp folder (application support<library<home)

Hi,

If this is the case, installing Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Runtime from
the targets in cxinstallwizard (show all service packs and dependencies)
should also be an effective fix for a missing mfc42.dll Could someone
please try this and report back?

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSE5MTjNzZ0IzWDJCNmNUciIsImdkcHIiOjB9