Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game Crashes after loading <Mac>

So I have installed the game and tried to run in both Single player and multiplayer. Both work up to the loading screen then it Crashes says the following [not word for word but along these lines].
Program Error - Game has encountered a serious error .... This may have been caused due a deficiency of Wine....

The game freezes here you can here the sound files played but the screen is mainly black with a few shapes loaded.

I'm using a MacBook Pro which has a NIVIDA GeForce 9600M

So I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or if anyone has any ideas for solutions ?

keep in mind that a nvidia geforce 9600M isn't powerful and i doubt you would be able to get any good FPS anyway.

Edward,
Hi is there anyway you can give us a bit more information on your sys specs?
You should be able to copy the information from the Apple Logo on the top left and click ( About This Mac )
IF you can please copy and paste that here for us.

It's actually the same exact MacBook I have. I am able to run it without any issues like that. Try updating you MacBook to the latest version and all before running it again and see what happens. Also which version of CG are you using?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNHVnTHFVeWhxenVUdXFCNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9