Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OS X Steam Install - Unplayable FPS

Steam Install on Mac OS X 10.6.8 with Crossover Games 10.1.2

No matter what the graphics settings I get a strange frame rate. If I look at certain objects (Well most actually) the frame rate is mega slow and jerky. If I look slightly up at the sky everything runs sort of ok. It just cant render everything with anything close to a smooth frame rate.

By the way I tried certain graphics settings that were recommended like shadow, anti aliasing and soft edges set to off. Plus tried setting it to sync every frame to no avail.

I guess I will continue to play it through bootcamp which runs perfect. Shame I'd have preferred a Mac install you know like the one advertised in a trailer when I purchased Crossover today.... Hint of sarcasm applied :)

Mac Pro 2008
8 Core Xeon 2.8ghz
8 GB RAM
GForce 8800GT

The only thing I can think of is that nVidia's drivers have never been as good as ATis. I play the game with no problems, but I have an ATi 5870.

Hmm interesting, I do plan on a graphics card upgrade in the future. The new ATI cards look very good indeed.

I'll make sure to post an update if I ever do upgrade.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXRxS1lndjhiSEc5cnNnciIsImdkcHIiOjB9