Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works great - how do i see FPS ?

I had this game working previously on some older hardware on top of gentoo. Radeon HD3870... But the lousy ATI drivers kept me down to 1280x800, not very smooth, and had occasional deadlocks.

Now I've got a GTX570 with the much better nvidia drivers, and this game works great at 1920x1080 all details maxed out. =) Almost just like windows - not quite as smooth, I will probably turn it down a bit. But it does not crash =)

I'm just curious what FPS i'm getting - I tried installing fraps through cxsetup but it did not work. I may try again. Any ideas for seeing fps numbers?

Originally I kept getting 'direct x error' before too long, adding the registry keys as described here http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=6613;tips=1 did the trick!

alright well i finally revisited this and answered my own question.

install the osd_cat package from your distro. here is my launcher script

~ $ cat bin/iw4mp

!/bin/bash

set -x

~/apps/cxgames/bin/wine --bottle Steam --workdir "C:/Steam" --debugmsg '+fps' steam -applaunch 10190 2>&1 | tee /dev/stderr | awk ' /^trace:fps:X11DRV./ { system(""); printf("%s FPS\n", substr($4, 1, length($4) - 4)); } ' | osd_cat --align=right --colour=yellow --lines=1 --font=-misc-fixed-bold----18-------

pretty close to what fraps provides .. about a second behind, I bet mostly due to getting the debug output out of the wine process... thanks to asb at this link for most of it http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=62434

remove the "| tee /dev/stderr" segment if you'd rather supress all of the terminal output.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUNIY2ZYdkNGOWFQNWNLTSIsImdkcHIiOjB9