Call of Duty 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Call of duty 2 patch

Is there anyway i can install the 1.3 patch for windows.
I have installed CoD2 retail version (non-steam) just fine and it runs perfectly, but i wish to play online, only problem is i need version 1.3.
Now i figured that as the installer tells me it cannot find my original installation this is down to a windows registry key not being found.

Is there anyway i can get the patch to run at all?

Btw, im running mac and im using crossover games 7.1.1

Many thanks

Are you installing to the same bottle? I imagine that you're using the Install Unsupported Software button in CrossOver's Software Installer. CrossOver then warns you that unsupported software may break things in an existing bottle and so warns you to create a new bottle. However, in this case that would be wrong. You need to install into the same bottle as CoD2 so that the patcher sees the game.

If that wasn't the problem, then I'm not sure what's going wrong. As you guess, it may be failing to find a registry key. It might also be failing to find a file.

Did you install CoD2 using version 7.1.1 of CrossOver Games or did you install it with an earlier version and subsequently upgrade? If the latter, it's possible that the earlier installation was incomplete and that a new installation would be more complete if some bug was fixed in CrossOver Games in the interim. It might be worth trying to install CoD2 into a new bottle and then patching that. (It might also work to just reinstall CoD2 into the existing bottle to see if that fixes whatever the patcher is looking for, but that runs the risk of breaking CoD2 and losing saved games or whatever. Archiving your working bottle is an alternative way to protect yourself against that risk.)

I'll give this a shot tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that i am trying to install it into the same bottle, but we shall see what happens.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidXpiNVJCa1k0NVFuR2dwcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9