Call of Duty 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Screen After Intro Movie

The game loads fine but after the intro movie there is just a black screen. You can hear the sounds going on behind it, all of the clicks and stuff. Im running CrossOver Games 7.1.0. Intel Core2Duo 2GHz, 1GB Ram, OS X Leopard 10.5.5. Help Please.

We're aware of this issue. We're still trying to diagnose it. CoD2 worked in CrossOver Games 7.0.0 pretty reliably, so you could try downloading that from the My Downloads area of the My Account section. With current versions of CrossOver Games, it still works on some systems but not on others.

You gave some info about your Mac. Can you also tell us what model it is and what GPU it has? That may help us narrow down the issue. Thanks.

It is the new style iMac (the silver one with black round the screen) and what is a GPU? I just got the information from the 'About this Mac' option in the apple menu 😊
Thanks for the help I will try that now.

Yes, this works well. Thank you. My Graphics Card is: ATI Raedeon HD 2400 XT. I don't know what to tell you because I know nothing about graphics cards. 😅

Thanks for that information. So far, it seems that the problem is specific to ATI GPUs. That helps us narrow down our investigation.

Help, same problem, same computer...work with earlier versions of Crossover.

I have:
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Have you tried the unsupported build? CrossOver Games 7.1.2? Several people report that this issue improves in it.

I have just tried the 7.1.2 build and it still does not work. It may still be to do with my ATI Graphics Card but I know for sure that it doesn't work. 😭

Anybody know if this game works in Crossover Games 7.2.0?

I don't want to spend ages downloading if it isn't going to work. So if anyone has tried can you post.

Add this to the command line. For example: in Steam right click in games list to get to properties, then click command line opts button.

+set com_introplayed 1

This will disable the intro movie, and allow you to play the game.

Why all the fuzz about steam if it normaly can be installed in a xp bottle without problems.....?

Paulthetall wrote:

Why all the fuzz about steam if it normaly can be installed in a xp
bottle without problems.....?

Its probably i have an nvidia card ;)

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0d0eTd5Um5XZTI4VHB5ciIsImdkcHIiOjB9