Call of Duty 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

call of duty 2 steam

is any their launch parameters need to be added in order to get it to load....
I've install call of via steam when it beings to load it hangs apon on load.... whats going on.

Does it hang when playing the intro movies? There's a bug in CoD2(I believe, it might be CrossOver's fault as well) which causes a deadlock due to a race condition when playing movies on dual(or more) core CPUs. You can work around this issue by disabling all but one CPU cores. On Linux this can be done with "echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online". This way the Linux scheduler will stop using this CPU for any processes. It can be reenabled with echo 1 > ...

yeah it does hang on the intro to the movies..

hello just to let u know the echo thing works...... but how do i enable the other cpu once I'm in the game???
alt-tab does not work.... is their anyway of starting this game in window mode, like as in Team fortress.. If this bug is limited to the intro, how do i get around that

are you on mac or linux?

I'm a linux user... I using ubuntu 8.04 386 version.. i tried mandriva spring 2008 but the audio test needs looking too!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEpNU3NTUjRYOE1tUVFSWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9