Bounty Hounds Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Working Progress. (IMPORTANT)

So i've created a new bottle according to the system requirements of the game

[b]i've created a Windows XP bottle with these components (all Microsoft):
.NET framework 2.0
DirectX Runtime Modern
Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
XML Parser
XML Prser (MSXML) 3.0[/b]

launcher looks fine but it cant connect to the internet even with firewall off... checked technical forums too.
getting this error from the log:

LauncherLog: TRACE: 1
LauncherLog: WARNING: Run sStrPointer : 12007
LauncherLog: ERROR: Internet Connect Fail

i don't think it has anything to do with graphics...maybe the game sees crossover as a trojan i dont know...
suggestions would be appreciated.

can any1 please explain how to install .NET framework 3...because it wants a windows reboot.. and im no crossover expert

here is the thread i posted about this issue in the official BHO forums: http://forum.bountyhounds.com/showthread.php?1495-Launcher-Can-t-Connect-to-Update-%28Critical%29 😉

Hi...

...error code 12007 is usually spawn from wininet.dll, and
looking at your bottle makeup, you're likely using the builtin
winelib version...you should try a native wininet.dll by;

*install 'Microsoft HTML Rendering Engine 7' from the 'Community
Supported Applications' area of the cxinstaller GUI

*start the Wine Configuration for the bottle, go to Libraries
tab, search for wininet in the list, edit it's load order to
be 'native' -> ok, apply, ok....

..both .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.0 should install successfully via
their respective targets in the 'Runtime Support Components'
area of the cxinstaller GUI - if they do not, something is
awry with either your setup (which you've provided no detail
about), or a bad download cached in your installers directory.

Cheers!

Thank you for the advice Don

I've installed and adjusted the settings in Library. Now i'm just testing the launcher.
about installing .NET framework 3... there was an error message that popped up before, but now im testing it again.
Are there any other components in my bottle that need adjusting?

Hopefully the game will patch up and play

Edit: Installed .NET framework 3 and HMTL rendering engine 7 into the bottle.... launcher still doesn't download anything...
im rly not a wine expert....or mac/windows mesh expert...so if you have some other advice please I would try it :))
here is the launcher log while i try to patch the game:
LauncherLog: TRACE: 1

.... it's just stuck like that ):

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFhlM25TYmhhQlc4TFhCVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9