Audiosurf Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Linux Bug? Can't use the keyboard

I can't log in to the Audiosurf servers. Typing into the app's boxes is quite broken. Some times it doesn't respond, and some times it introduces extra characters.

For example, I try to type "alex" and it does something similar to:
anFaultl:FaultenFaultxnFault

I'll try to run it from the command line and look for relevant messages.

Other than that, it runs fine on CXG 8.1.4 and Ubuntu 9.10.

(Sound was choppy at first, but once I disabled all fancy desktop effects, and set the sound to Analog Stereo Output, as opposed to Duplex, it worked fine. The app still crashes once in a while.)

Hi,

Confirming this behavior wrt to COG-8.1.4/linux (Steam release of game)

When trying to type in a character, text can appear unrelated to what
you're typing - some of this text, appears to be plaintext code, so
perhaps a buffer is getting trashed here.

I have the same bug on OSX.

Bug still exists in CXG 9.0.0beta4 Linux.

However, I was still able to log in.

The behaviour seems pretty consistent now. It looks like it only inserts garbage characters after the typed character. So, by carefully deleting the extra chars, one could enter both username and password.

Bug remains in CXG 10.0 Linux.

And in CXG Mac 10.2.1... and pretty much every build of vanilla wine I've tried. :/

Hi,

...it's actually a wine bug.... see ;

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17723

...I just entered a bug here for this to collate the data...

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3MzAwMDQyLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicTQ0SkpteUVjTmdCdFk0QiIsImdkcHIiOjB9