Audiosurf Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover Games Mac Version 8.0 - still not working

Crashes on startup, like the last version.

It semi works for me. I can't play the game but the loading screen actually finishes loading now. When I click a key to start it comes up with a fatal error :( It is getting closer to working than before.

Try going to

~/audiosurfbottle/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/audiosurf/config.ini

and editing the config.ini file to say;

resolutionwidth: autodetect

resolutionheight: autodetect

runfullscreen: true

that makes it work every time for me.

doesn't work for me. It finishes loading and then comes up with a box saying 'QuestViewer.exe has encountered a fatal error and needs to close'

Just so you know, once it has errored like that in my testing, no matter what you do it won't work again unless you completely exit all Steam, wine processes, everything, and open Steam again.

I am on Linux rather than Mac, so that may play a part in it, also.

Carl Morgan wrote:

Try going to

~/audiosurfbottle/drive_c/Program
Files/Steam/steamapps/common/audiosurf/config.ini

> that makes it work every time for me.

Mind if I add that to the Tips & Tricks section? It's a great way to get past the mouse issues in the menu (on linux, at least).

Yama wrote:

Carl Morgan wrote:

Try going to

~/audiosurfbottle/drive_c/Program
Files/Steam/steamapps/common/audiosurf/config.ini

>> that makes it work every time for me.

> Mind if I add that to the Tips & Tricks section? It's a great way to
> get past the mouse issues in the menu (on linux, at least).

Please, feel free to do so.

Tip added. Thanks :)

Tried it... same crash, unfortunately. Don't even get to the loading screen.

Rory Green wrote:

doesn't work for me. It finishes loading and then comes up with a
box saying 'QuestViewer.exe has encountered a fatal error and needs
to close'

I get the exact same thing in Crossover Mac 8.1.3...

Just tried it, and it still works for me... maybe the issue just presents itself in OSX =S?

Edit: looking at the list of advocates...and the thread title, it does seem to be the case.

I'll pay more attention next time. >_>

Works in 8.1.4 when providing a native usp10.dll. See tips&tricks for details.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3MzAwMDQyLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUM4d2NMTUpnU2NXWllCNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9