Audiosurf Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

4th February 2009 Audiosurf Update Doesn't work.

Audiosurf doesn't work anymore since the update has come out.
When you load the game, you get the white loading window, which says 'www.audio-surf.com'.
The loading bar gets about 10% full then it just disappears.

Crossover Games 7.1.1 (7.1.2 Beta doesn't work either)
New style iMac, 2GHz intel core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD2400

Rory

I can confirm it too. Audiosurf no longer works. The window shows up and then disappears after a few seconds.

Crossover Games 7.1.2 rc1
ubuntu 8.10, 2.1gz core2duo, nvidia 8600M

Was it an audiosurf update or the CrossOver beta that broke things? It sounds like the AudioSurf update caused this, just asking to make sure

Looks like the CrossOver beta is indeed the cause here, because reverting to CrossOver 7.1.0 causes it to start up again here.

I can confirm the problem. It seems to be one of our hacks, because with plain Wine the game still starts(but doesn't properly react to keyboard input). Unfortunately the debug output doesn't give any useful info for a quick conclusion.

I have no idea which one is the problem. Reverting back to older versions doesn't work for me, it does exactly the same thing.
Does anybody know if the new beta works because I haven't tested it yet?

Confirming that it has this same startup problem in 7.2, but reverting back to the old version works.

CrossOver Games 7.2 (7.2.0) with latest Steam and Audiosurf update still does not work.

Confirmed under Intel Macbook Pro 17" (Early 2008 model).

Systems specs:
Leopard 10.5.6
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Bug description: The window will load for approx. 0.5 - 1 second and then disappear leaving a small, white box approx. 100 x 200 pixels with no title bar open and running for as long as CrossOver Games 7.2 runs.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3MzAwMDQyLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUUh4WW5GS0pnNW0zUUJjMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9