Audiosurf Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse not locking in "full-screen" mode

When fullscreened, the app is not ACTUALLY fullscreened and maintains the X11 window bar at the top. This causes the application to lose track of the mouse if you move it too far upwards. Does anyone know of a workaround / fix? Is this an issue with Crossover / WINE in general, or do some applications fullscreen properly?

This is with 7.1 Crossover and 7.1.1 Crossover Games, both on OSX 10.5.5 on a MacBook(3,1)

This is very true, the problem has been affecting my gameplay a lot lately, as well as the resolutions messing up when I pick a song in the external browser. Also, the internal browser is completely messed up!

Yesterday I ran this game on a windows machine: The game ran faster, and I found many graphic effects that were unavailable when I ran it in crossover.

Because of this, and especially because the fullscreen mouse bug can essentially ruin your run (unless you like to use the keyboard), I'm reconsidering my evaluation.

By the way, this is not a problem with crossover in general, I know several games that run fullscreen properly, i.e: Tomb Raider Legend & Anniversary, Half-Life & Counter-Strike

I'll let you know if I can get it fixed.

System : MacBook Pro (3,1) Mac OS X 10.5.5, Crossover Games 7.1.1

You may see improvement to this by adjusting a setting in winecfg.

Go to "Manage Bottles" (highlight the bottle with Audiosurf in it) and then 'Control Panel' and select 'winecfg'

Select the 'Graphics' tab and then check the box next to "Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window"

Then, 'Apply' and go back into Audiosurf to see if this improves the problem.

It might also help to experiment with "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows" in the same place.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3MzAwMDQyLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY2c5N2M0ZG5SRk1hNjhIeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9