Audiosurf Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Audio-Surf (March 21st Update) Compatibility

These are my results when testing with the March21st Update of Audio-Surf with CXGames for Linux 7.0.0.

Used express install for Steam GUI, then installed Audio-Surf. Launching AS from within Steam.

-When game initially launches, the game window appears in a larger window with black borders. Both the system cursor and game cursor appear simultaneously and move in corrolation with each other. This makes it a bit tricky to select options in windowed mode. Switching to fullscreen via the "Fullscreen" button corrects this. (Screenshot of symptom: http://badservo.com/external_links/as01.jpg)

-Switching to fullscreen mode via in-game maximize and restore buttons causes fullscreen game to appear beneath the gnome panel.

-In the song selection screens, there exists a bug in displaying folders/directories. Instead of each folder name appearing in a top-down list beside it's folder icon, all folder names appear on a single line at the top of the dialog. This makes it incredibly difficult to navigate and choose songs. (Screenshot of symptom: http://badservo.com/external_links/as02.jpg)

-Performance in the game itself is substantially lower than in native Windows. While a suitable framerate can be regained by lowering graphical options, even with a fluid a framerate, the mouse/keyboard controls seem slightly laggy making ti difficult to play.

-All other aspects of the game (modes, net connectivity, radio, etc.) appear to function perfectly.

Due to the severity of the file browsing bug, I'm rating this as Bronze. In the event that this single bug were corrected, I feel it would be deserving of a Silver rating.

Audiosurf had a minor update on May 9th. After repeated testing, There appears to be no change in compatibility from my previous report.

I tried running Audio-Surf today on my iMac using CrossOver Games 7.1.1 under Mac OS 10.5.4. Although I can launch the game from Steam (Steam seems to run fine), Audio-Surf itself does not recognize mouse clicks, which means I can't navigate past the splash screen to evaluate the game play.

I saw a similar thread for Dark Age of Camelot.

Hi,

I had trouble at first to get past the splash screen in audiosurf and this is the workaround I use everytime: When you launch audiosurf, a small white window will appear and the music will start playing. As soon as a fullscreen button appears, click on it immediately! (if two buttons appear, click on the higher one) Then, you will be able to click on the play menu option.

The reason for this bug is that when you aren't using audiosurf in fullscreen, the mouse clicks are shifted (the program thinks you are clicking elsewhere on the screen) depending on the location of the window. So, whenever your audiosurf window gets shrinked (for example when you choose a song), you can resize it by going to the audiosurf video options and re-selecting your screen resolution.

Good luck!

I am using a MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.5.5 and Crossover Games 7.1.1

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3MzAwMDQyLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUhHaFZ1dGtTUW1LdnpQSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9