And Yet It Moves Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Working great in CXG 9.2 and OSX -- Steam version

Installed via the Steam GUI and runs at silver medal ranking
or better - no problems encountered thus far.

Im confused, this is a SteamPlay title, or is this for a Linux install?

Hi,

Thread: Working great in CXG 9.2 and OSX -- Steam version

That is this thread's subject - what's so confusing that you see 'linux' in this?

Cheers!

Because the game is a SteamPlay title. Why would you run it in Crossover when it can be run native?

Why would I want to run it native when with one application, Crossover for Mac,
I can run hundreds of other games (Steam, steamplay or not)? What if I had a Mac
below the graphics support threshold of the Mac Steam client and I still wanted to
play this game, and wantedd to know if it worked under Crossover? What if the win32
version runs better under Crsssover and win32 Steam than it does under the native Mac
client with the native Mac port (some folks already do this with some 'steamplay' titles).
I have another half dozen reasons pertaining to non-Steam titles as well...ie; there is
no Mac port of the game, a win32 port goes on special when the Mac version (available
from somewhere else) is still full price, or the Mac port simply doesn't work (I've a
number of BFG ports like this...their Mac port simply doesn't work on my 11,2 but the
win32 version under Crossover works fine)...but in short, stop asking this question, as
it's pointlesss -- the Mac port of the Steam client will never be installed on my Mac,
as I simply have no use for it - end of story.

Hi Don,

I was wondering why you rated this game Silver? I'm running this under CXG9.2 on OSX10.6 and haven't run into any problems...

--Tim

Hi Tim,

Generally speaking, I like to complete (finish) a game, or get in a
serious amount of gameplay hours against the title before I feel confident
it's gold material....ie; I always think it's "reasonably stupid" to
give something a gold medal without having completed the game -- for all
I know the title may play fine up until the last level, and then suddenly
start crashing and stop me from finishing the game in it's entirety. If
that happens, it's not gold - I won't know if that happens unless I play
that far into the game : catch 22....has this happened before? Yes...and
not just to myself...the game appears to be gold medal until a certain level
in game is reached, and then the wheels fall off.....

As it stands, I haven't played this title enough to draw that conclusion,
it's uncovered a gamma bug in linux we weren't expecting, and emulate virtual
desktop mode with this title doesn't work on my iMac... silver 8^)

Cheers!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS1dSZmhjVThTaDRzUzY5TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9