allTunes Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Minimal support...

I'm able to install, login, see my balance, download history, and download. However, anything that requires use of the embedded browser does not work. So I cannot order or browse charts (though they do load).

Here are the steps to install/configure:

Prerequisite - I have IE installed and running (based on Quicken 2007 installation). You will have to have IE installed and running.

Disclaimer - You have to copy mfc42.dll from a working Windows installation. I happen to have Windows XP Home Edition running and took it from there (\Windows\System32\MFC42.dll)

1. Crossover - Install Windows Software
  2. Install Unsupported Software >> Next >>
  3. Disclaimer screen >> Next >>
  4. Other installer file >> Point it to the downloaded alltunes_setup file you should have >> Next >>
  5. Install into a New Bottle (I called mine allTunes, I'll refer to that bottle name from now) >> Use a WinXP template >> Next >>
  6. Go through the installation using all the defaults >> Do NOT Launch allTunes automatically >> Finish
  7. The Crossover Installation Wizard will tell you you're done >> Finish
  8. Put MFC42.dll in ~/.cxoffice/allTunes/drive_c/windows/system32

Now you should be able to run allTunes from either the Desktop icon or Application | Windows Applications | Programs | allTunes | allTunes

Configuration: Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy), Crossover 6.1.0

I also had to add the following file windows/inf/mfc42.inf

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVnZoYXRiVGcycGFUWmZOdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9