Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Changing hotkeys not working?

Anyone else witnessing one of the following issues? I regularly have the game freeze or crash when I open 'Options' from the main menu, often when I wish to alter hotkeys. Especially changing hotkeys doesn't work: clicking a certain command automatically makes it select another... Using the up-and-down buttons on the keyboard lets me navigate through the hotkeys overview, but again: pressing on 'Change selected' and subsequentially pressing any key makes it jump through that menu again (wrongfully, unintentionally).

I am playing AoE 2 DE on a Apple M1 (OS Ventura 13.4.1) using Crossover 23.0. The previous patch also had some hotkey issues for Mac and Linux users if I am correct...

Thanks!

It is not working for me as well on Mac Sonoma 14.1. Did you find a fix for the problem?

Yes! I can't change hotkeys either. When I click on a command, it automatically scrolls the list and selects another command. And then the application crashes and I need to restart CrossOver.

I think it possible to change the hotkeys using hki-file generated from this website:

https://aokhotkeys.appspot.com

Same problem happening for me Mac M1 - (Monterey 12.3)

I had the same problem but I'm happy to report that this has been fixed with the new CrossOver 24!! I just installed it today, I went ahead and checked this issue right away and now it's all good!!

OMG it has! It really has been fixed with Crossover 24. Thank you! :D :D :D

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiS0ZUTllZYzd5QXk3ZHBWUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9