CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

General Discussion
Open forum for all topics about CrossOver, Community, Open Source, whatever.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

What are the chances that Homeworld 3 will work on macOS?

Homeworld 3 (HW3) is due to release on 13 May. There is no planned macOS client and they used Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) for development. The other Homeworld games appear to have problems with CrossOver. I'm new here and starting to investigate that as I would like to replay them on my M3 MacBook before launch.

What are the chances that HW3 will run nicely? Is the fact that it uses UE4 helpful?

Cheers

P.S. Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1840080/Homeworld_3/

I played the demo when it was available, through Steam and Crossover, it worked perfectly, quite literally no problems, excellent graphics, and excellent frames per second. I wouldn't have known it wasn't native if I didn't launch the game myself.

Having said that it's always best to wait when something is released and read what others say about it before you decide. Also remember that for games bought on Steam if you've played for a total of less than two hours you can get an automatic refund so you can (kinda) try before you buy.

Based on my experience I'm very confident Homeworld 3 will run very well through Crossover, even knowing that an awful lot can change between demo release and version 1.0 release.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRXhyemV1cGdmZ210ekJYcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9