CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver ChromeOS
Discussion about CrossOver ChromeOS and Android

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

samsung galaxy book resolution

i have been trying for 2 days straight to get anything to install and run right on this Chromebook and i'm at my wits end. The things i do get installed (steam, blizzard launcher) will only open in this tiny window that i cant get bigger. when i force it in desktop, the box remains the same size and gets surrounded by black to fill the rest of the screen. I've messed with the dpi, changing the resolution manually, used low density mode, high resolution mode, i even cant enter a key for one game because the screen is so small it cuts the installer screen. please help, i literally only want to play Diablo 2 and Warcraft which should run fine. i just cant install with the resolution the way it is. anybody know how to fix?? I'm running the latest chrome os and crossover.

I have the same issue trying to run legacy 1024x768 application on high resolution Chromebook screen. Adjusting native resolution never really worked right. Neither did a number of resolution/density combinations, and further density settings don't seem to stick. I found an imperfect solution that worked well enough for my application.

Turn on "Full-screen magnifier" in the Accessibility settings to enable "pinch to zoom" functionality, and then use zooming and two-finger dragging to zoom and center your tiny application window. The resolution should appear native to whatever the application uses.

It's not ideal but does get the job done.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZVBnUHZRNEFLWTdaWkV6eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9