CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Future: Guildwars 2?

I was wondering, will Guildwars 2 be supported too when it comes out?

And who wants it to be? I do for sure! I bought it to finish some things in Guildwars 1, but i'm really hoping Crossover Games will be compatible with GW2 too!

Thessa wrote:

I was wondering, will Guildwars 2 be supported too when it comes
out?

And who wants it to be? I do for sure! I bought it to finish some
things in Guildwars 1, but i'm really hoping Crossover Games will be
compatible with GW2 too!

Alright, time for the candid answer for games that are not out but we love the idea of.

Until Guild Wars 2 comes out, we cannot say for certain. There will likely be last minute changes and even a fully working beta cannot guarantee a game will work when it's released.

That said, we have a high interest both at CodeWeavers and among our customer base that we are well aware of. When Guild Wars 2 is released, we will play it tho.... test it thoroughly to determine if it is a game we can offer support for. If we can at that time, we'll make an announcement.

My apologies for not having a more clear cut answer, but that's the best I've got!

Good reply, given the limited info :) I also will be "testing it thoroughly" hehehe, I would imagine however that once it is at beta stage the engine will be pretty much set and game play / map glitches and server loading will be the main focus. (that is if the past betas are anything to go by)

So I'm hoping CodeWeavers can begin testing during the beta stage that is upcoming? If so, that would be nice.

Mason wrote:

So I'm hoping CodeWeavers can begin testing during the beta stage
that is upcoming? If so, that would be nice.

They just announced a pre-purchase date and there is quite the buzz that some time this month they will open up more beta testing to get as many people to try it as they can. We certainly have high hopes to get our hands on it and test it a bit within CrossOver. Of course, if we do we would then be bound by NDA and could not actually talk about it.

Another point to remember... there have been other games whose gameplay worked exceptionally well in beta but when they were released their security was not compatible with Wine & thus CrossOver. Generally the Wine community comes together when this happens and works hard toward a solution. I just want to keep expectations realistic, we cannot actually add support for a game unless it works with CrossOver after it is released and even that has caveats.

This all from the person who can hardly sit still at the prospect of this game

preordered last week. aparently there is a "stress test" next weekend from what I've read, so I'll see what I can do. my decent machine is "out of service" for the time being, so I will test on my underpowered laptop. I still havn't heard any news direct from arenanet tho :(

Well the beta file is out there but so far I haven't been able to get it to work. Same goes for the earlier versions of the beta file (which I also had). It keeps loading new updates but just doesn't move from this 0% on the bar. Not sure if it is because the weekend hasn't started or just that they block these updating proces for some reason.

Anyone got anymore feed back from the public beta weekend? I know the dev's here are working hard to make it run on crossover but I wondered if anyone had any success getting in and what your views were?

Note: Scratch that I've just searched and found some posts sorry :P

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1MTc3Njg1LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTlNuM3hLNVhwV3p0dFZzRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9