CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Urgent question before purchase.

So with crossover games can you only install a select few games that code weavers had to offer? Because stronghold 3 is coming out soon in the fall and I wanted to install that onto my mac. Overall I just wanna know if you can only use select games when using crossover.

Thanks,
-Jesse

It's not like that. You can try any game with Crossover, and a good number should work.
Since Stronghold 3 is not out yet, no-one knows if it will work with Crossover, but looking at the previous versions (search 'stronghold' in 'compatibility' at the top right of the page), they are all ranked 'Gold', meaning they work next to flawlessly, if not flawlessly, although the rankings are on previous games.

So basically no, you do not have a limited range of options to try, you can try any game. Many will work, some will work up to a point, some won't work at all. Try it when it comes out, and then give it a rating so others know whether or not it works.

Hope I helped!
Alex

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXlaVW5BQ21GUWRDd3F6bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9