CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

TF2 Crashes

I installed a new update for TF2, and now it crashes on start up.

It loads, but doesnt load enough to give me the menu.

What's going on? I want my tf2 back.

The update came out today (7/14/09)

same here, im restoring to before the update. wish me luck

Same here.
Which is so unfortunate because I have a league match starting in a few minutes. D':

TF2 crashes shortly after the start up videos.

Apparently the new Steam update broke directx8. :<

Yeah same here. I installed the update and am now experience the same issue. Hope for a prompt fix!

Hmmm...
TF2 is actually working for me now.
I got that notification at the bottom right hand screen telling me that Steam has finished downloading the TF2 update.
I guess it was just a little slow.

But apparently there's another steam update so I'm about to try it out...

Another update came out a few minutes ago. Works fine, just have to wait for the servers to update.

Yep. Steam's hot fix did its job.

Phew. Seems that we dodged a bullet here.

I wouldn't like to go through the whole Steam-update-breaks-something thing again...

whew. happy cat is happy.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWVFtUnE0VkZUMlp5eHVUZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9